- Our Program Director, Community Care Licensing Administrator, and Operations Director are responsible for the entire operation of Chesed Home
- Direct Care staff assists clients in skill building, vocational/educational goals, recreational/cultural activities, budgeting and money management, nutrition, symptom and medication management
- We support residents’ engagement with peer and family connections as well as the use of community resources
Licensed Residential Care
The licensed adult residential facility focuses on individuals who need assistance in daily living, oversight in medication compliance, occupational assistance, social skill development and peer support. In accordance with Community Care Licensing regulations, a staff member is always present on site. To create a strong, collaborative and community wide program, we leverage the resources of a number of non-profit organizations that provide activities and assistance with money management, education and employment.
- Is modern and comfortable. safe and secure
- Has trained staff and 24-hour supervision
- Offers supervised activities
- Provides nutritious meals
- Is in walking distance to Escondido shopping, cultural centers, gardens and clubhouse. Hospital and police nearby. Easy access to public transportation.
The two 3-bedroom units provide a continuum of care for individuals who have “graduated” from the main residence. These on-site independent living homes provide a stable and safe environment as the residents become increasingly functional and can more fully integrate into the community.
- Through collaboration with the Intensive Psychiatric Case Management Program of Jewish Family Service, case management is provided for residents living in the independent homes
- The House Manager offers additional supportive services and facilitates adherence to house rules and chores
- Residents receive supportive services as they learn to live independently
- They are responsible for the upkeep of their home and the purchase and preparation of their meals
- They are responsible for taking their scheduled medications
What’s Happening at Chesed Home
Thank you Debbie Kramer for helping residents plant a vegetable/herb garden!
Rabbi Mendy helping Chesed Home residents hang Mezuzot